Talk Nerdy to Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J.R.R Tolkien and female heroines.

2 posters

Go down

J.R.R Tolkien and female heroines.  Empty J.R.R Tolkien and female heroines.

Post by EvanshaleKnightly Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:54 pm

I am so sick of women crying about how there are hardly any female roles in LOTR and The Hobbit. It was a man's world given the time frame. Just makes me mad. SUCK IT UP! And the fact the added a new female makes me irate!
EvanshaleKnightly
EvanshaleKnightly
NerdHerder
NerdHerder

http://evanshaleknightly.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

J.R.R Tolkien and female heroines.  Empty Re: J.R.R Tolkien and female heroines.

Post by Mama Umbridge Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:43 pm

Well, you have to look at it from a modern frame of mind, as well.
It may have been a man's world, but I can understand why women could potentially be upset. I mean, I love it when you can have a hardcore female protagonist, because it shows that women aren't little minute creatures that need saving every five seconds, however, I don't feel the need to whine about it. That's irritating. I don't understand why everyone has to make a deal about something like that. They're seriously whining about no women in the roles? WTF?
(I can see both perspectives on this matter.)
As for adding a role, that's show biz, bro. You're going to have to get over it. As far as they're concerned, they're just making a quick buck appealing to the fans from all sides.
They are always going to change stories because that's what Hollywood does. That's why, if I ever make it in the big time with my writing and acting, I'm not going to  talk about it. I'm going to do it. I won't whine. I'll change what I see and make it what I want.
That's why you want to go in as well, right? You want to tell your story, right? Well, push the douchebags away when they want to change things and do it yourself and change the status quo<3
Sorry. Threw in a little rant there lol.
Mama Umbridge
Mama Umbridge
Admin
Admin

http://talknerdytome.geekaddict.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum