Talk Nerdy to Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crush 40: The Blue Blur's Jam!

Go down

Crush 40: The Blue Blur's Jam! Empty Crush 40: The Blue Blur's Jam!

Post by trueblueassassin Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:57 pm

I don't think there is any better place to talk about Crush 40 than in the music section of a nerd forum! Crush 40 is a band created by Jun Senoue and Johnny Gioeli to compose and play most of the music for the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Originally called Sons of Angels, the name had to be changed after a foreign band got back together and took their old name, Sons of Angels. Crush 40 got it's name from one of the band member's favorite soft drink, Crush, and a random number was slapped to to the end.
Crush 40 had been hired by Sega before they started work with the Blue Blur. They composed Fuel Me for the Sega Nascar racing game, Nascar Arcade.
When Sonic Adventure 2 was being developed, Jun called Johnny Gioeli in to help with the music. Together they created Live and Learn, arguably one of the greatest Sonic the Hedgehog theme songs of all time.
I will provide links to the best Crush 40 songs soon!
trueblueassassin
trueblueassassin
NerdHerder
NerdHerder

Back to top Go down

Crush 40: The Blue Blur's Jam! Empty Re: Crush 40: The Blue Blur's Jam!

Post by trueblueassassin Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:28 pm

Crush 40 follows a Metal/Rock genera much like Linkin Park. Johnny was very excited during development of Shadow the Hedgehog, as his character works well with the darker songs Crush 40 had to offer, including I Am...All of Me, Shadow's theme song, and Almost Dead.
While Gioeli seems to enjoy the work Sega has brought him, he does not seem to be as dedicated as Jun Senoue, the band's creator. He owns a special electric guitar with a Sonic the Hedgehog decal throughout the body.
trueblueassassin
trueblueassassin
NerdHerder
NerdHerder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum